Hi there. My name is Yoora, a 25-year-old Korean-American girl living in the New York/New Jersey area.
Throughout the week, I wear many different hats.
On weekdays, I am a Creative Director. On Saturdays, I am a volunteer. On Sundays, I am a church-goer and a teacher. But every day, I am a child of God. And every day, I strive to be a worshiper.
My identity is rooted in Christ and I am nothing apart from Him.
About two years ago, I went from an ISTJ to ISFJ. If you prefer the 4 Temperaments, I am Phlegmatic-Melancholy.
Clearly I am an introvert, but surprisingly, I get mistaken as an extrovert quite often. There’s a lesson for you: appearances are deceptive!
Here are 7 other things I am (seemingly contradictory but undeniably true):
1. Calm and “poised” but silly in my most natural habitat (if you haven’t seen me silly, you haven’t known me yet!).
2. “Caring” and “altruistic” (as the ISFJ Personality Profile so emphasizes), but extremely self-focused and selfish at times (but thank God for #3!).
3. A forgiven sinner.
4. Saved at once but a work in progress (until the day I die or until Jesus returns).
5. Apparently not ambitious enough, though I’d say that I’m passionate about attaining certain traits over achieving certain goals.
6. Infamous for being miss independent (am I “cool” yet?) but sometimes overly sensitive.
7. Absolutely dependent on God and not ashamed to say it.
Goal/Vision behind ChasetheWisdom
On this blog, I wish to share, inform, and teach, as well as inspire and motivate all of God’s sons and daughters to live a life worthy of our calling. But rather than just preaching the love of God (which is certainly needed in this broken world), I am compelled to talk about things that are unpopular, counter-cultural, and maybe even hard to digest. Instead of tickling people’s ears with the things they like to hear, I want to hammer hearts with the truths of God, while also preaching to myself (as I certainly need reminders).
A life of thanksgiving is one of intentionality. | RECORD all that God has done for you, REMEMBER His faithfulness, and REMIND yourself of who you’ve become because of what Jesus Christ has done. RETELL of His wonderful deeds, RESTORE the passion of your first love, and RENEW your mind through prayer, reading of the Scripture, and fellowship with like-minded followers of Christ.
If you’re a Christian, I hope this blog serves to encourage (and remind) you that you’re running a race for an eternal prize. If you’re new to Christianity, I hope this blog can help you and challenge you to go deeper with the Lord. If you’re not a Christian (first of all, welcome!), I hope this blog proves to be a safe place where you can explore faith, life, and spirituality.
You can reach me at email@example.com, interact with me via comments, or follow me on social media: